Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello!

Welcome to our new blog!  Before we dig in, we're going to tell you a little bit about ourselves...

We're a couple of friends who enjoy doing things ourselves...  that's right, DIY.  We've decided to encourage others to do the same!  There is something very rewarding about cracking the seal on your first batch of homemade jam, wearing your favorite one-of-a-kind hat that random strangers at the grocery store compliment or even giving a homemade birthday gift that looks like it took a lot more time than it did.  We want you to get that same feeling of satisfaction.  We want you to have warm fuzzies.


"My name is Kassy.  I'm currently a stay-at-home mother of three.  I like to spend my free time crafting, cooking and, well, creating in general, I suppose.  When asked what kind of crafts I do, I'm usually left at a loss for words, as I have a severe case of "crafty ADD" and have WAY too many self-taught hobbies.  I have another blog called "Tinsnips and Scissors" where I share about the things I love, things that I've made (a tutorial or two), recipes and my weekly menu plans.  Head's up: I'm also an excessive user of punctuation..."





"My name is Nikki.  I am currently a working professional (with no kids).  My free time, what little I have while working 50 plus hours a week, is filled with crafting, organizing, philosophizing, procrastinating, learning the accordion (see my other blog "Boompa's Accordion and Me" which also highlights my other experiences in self expansion), reading, writing, canning, cooking and baking.  I have life A.D.D.  Like my friend here, I am self taught, and am looking to constantly expand my knowledge so I can fight my own addiction to consumerism."





"My name is Sarah and I am the owner and lead designer at Classy Media. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved creating new things or upcycling old things into something beautiful. I have a close knit family full of creative minds. My love of crafting was sparked by my Grammy and my Mom. I can be found knitting, baking, experimenting with cooking, taking photos, designing, and reading. I love finding creative ideas online and making them my own."




Thank you for joining us as we embark on our adventures!  We look forward to sharing our experiences with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment